From our XLSForm definitions in Ona Data to our JSON Forms in OpenSRP, the work we do at Ona is built upon community driven standards. As we further integrate HL7 FHIR (Fast Health Interoperability Resources) into OpenSRP, we’ve been exploring the existing tooling available. In this post we’ll dive into the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Healthcare offering and run through an example where we:
- Generate representative patient data in the STU3 FHIR format,
- Load that patient data into a FHIR store,
- Observe data in the FHIR store using BigQuery,
- Visualize and analyze those queries in the AI Platform.
- Export charts and machine learning models.
Our GLOVE approach to healthcare analytics transfers to other platforms and toolsets as the situation requires, including on-premise hardware. GCP lets us quickly set up a workflow to prototype new ways of exploring healthcare data. OpenSRP lets us ensure that, whether gathered at a household or in a facility, the data we are collecting has a well defined and FHIR compatible data structure.